Work At Home
Many moms want to work at home so they can have more time with their kids, while still helping to compensate for a lower than needed income. Being an expert on work at home topics, I have some advice for those just starting to make their way, or those who are struggling with working from home.
1. You cannot do it all. Even if you work from home, you'll have to divide your time, prioritize, and struggle with emotional pulls in many directions.
2. You MUST be dedicated to succeed. You have to commit a certain amount of time each day in order to succeed at a home business.
3. You must be willing to sacrifice. You'll still have to give up some time with your kids in order to work. There is no way around that. But by working from home, you can often work those times in around the times of the day that your children don't need you as much.
4. It is NOT the easy route! It is very difficult, and will challenge you in ways you never would expect.
5. You'll have to spend your entire day involved in one of three things: childcare, home care, and business. There is no time for cruising the malls, watching soaps, or other activities that are not crucial to either the well being of the home, the well being of your children, or the success of your business. Find something you love doing, and you won't mind so much!
6. Educate yourself about how to avoid scams. When you have limited resources, the last thing you need is to lose it to something that is guaranteed not to work.
7. If you are desperate for income, working at home is not a solution. You must be able to get by until you can build an income stream, and when you do, it will be a tiny trickle first. If you cannot be patient, and work hard from day one, then working from home is not for you.
To me, it is the best of both worlds. I simply love what I do, and most of the time, I love my life, struggles and all. But it has also been extremely challenging, and combining a business with a family is the hardest thing I've done. But oh so worth it.
Check the links on the right side of the page for more info on working at home - the GOOD info that will help you recognize scams and avoid them.